About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pickles, I love Pickles!

If I was ever on a deserted island , the only thing that I would need to survive are pickles! Well, maybe crab also, I love crab even more than I do pickles. They both make my face swell up like a marshmallow and that can be embarrassing but it won't matter because I will be alone on my island! I could eat pickles anytime anywhere. You never can be too full for a pickle. It's like ice cream, you can be stuffed to where you want to barf but there's always room for ice cream.

Not all pickles are good! Sweet pickles are yuck, soft squishy pickles are double yuck and homemade pickles are well, just homemade! No one makes a pickle like Vlassic and Claussen are the best dill pickles in the world. They have to have just the right crunch and those companies know their stuff!

I would rather have a pickle at the theater than even popcorn and popcorn is my 2nd favorite thing. There is nothing more mouth watering than to see that huge glass jar full of pickles sitting on the concession counter. Your mouth has a way of twitching just from looking at them. Then the saliva begins to flow and you can hardly control it. You have to be prepared to open your mouth when they ask you what you would like. Always prepare ahead of time. You have to begin swallowing way before you get to the front of the line so you don't gleek on the concession people. Then they do that " she wants a what?" dance, like they suddenly no longer know whatbthey are doing. They can fill drinks, nachos, popcorn and get candy without thinking about it, but when you ask for a pickle they have to regroup. I like when, they ask you which one you want. I like those people! I try to pretend and say " any of them are fine" but I'm already pointing to the one I really want and hoping they notice. I try to be sly when I'm eyeing the pickles from 5 people back because it wouldn't look cool to be a pickle geek! Cool is still better than pickles! It's always a bummer when they just reach in and grab the smallest one. What's even worse is picking out the most gigantic, out of the world pickle you can find and then when they pull it out it's just this little dinky thing! I sit there wondering where my mother sized pickle went!

When we were little kids my mom came home one time with a huge , and I do mean huge bucket of pickles. It was in a white bucket like a home depot bucket and was chuck full of pickles! One day me and my younger brothers went downstairs and tried to get into the pickles. We had to use a screwdriver to get the bucket lid off. Never in my whole entire life have I seen a prettier sight than when we pryed back that lid and saw all those pickles swimming in that yummy juice just calling out our names! We dug into those and between the three of us we ate almost every single pickle! There had to be at least 50 pickles in that bucket! Now I wonder where our mother was while we were doing this. She was probably watching Merv Griffen or The Dinah Shore show and was glad we weren't interrupting her. Needless to say we got very sick and were on the toilet for days. Thank heavens that we had three toilets. It amazes me that I love pickles still after that day.

I do so much still them , that I think I will go get me a pickle and maybe drink the pickle juice. That's the very best part! Tomorrow my face will be all puffed up but for now it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment