About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things I love, hate, don't care for, learn to accept and need to confess!!

Without putting it on the silly things below I can say the #1 thing that I love is my family.... No doubt it is and always will be my favorite thing in life. Family means ... all family. Husband, 4 daughters, 3 sons, 3 grandsons, all my parents, all my grandparents, all my sisters, all my brothers, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, my friends children, my children's friends, Children that lived with us, stayed with us, shared their babies with us. Everyone that ever came into my life and became a part of my family. Without any of you I would cry because I love you so much! Whoever reads this may not think that I am talking about you. but I bet I am! I have been blessed with so many fantastic people in my life. Someday I am going to take a whole wall and make a huge family tree and put every name on it that ever spent time in our home and became a part of our family and it is going to be the largest tree you will ever see because I am so lucky to have such a great FAMILY!

The list below is just a fun list of my likes and dislikes....


Loves

The feeling you get right before you fall asleep!

The smell of clean laundry (especially Tide and Downey)

Carbs like bread and pasta

Oceans and any type of water ( i should have been a fish)

The sound of a rainbird sprinkler by my window

Big huge storms!

Sounds of crickets at night

Primary songs

Sleeping with the window open

Spring

Watching peoples faces when they fall ( as long as they don't get hurt)

Laughter and a lot of it

Watching the National Spelling Bee!

Thinking about my Heavenly Father and my Savior

Cilantro

The smell of a new car

Just watching children talk and hearing te funny things they say!

Phase Ten

Shopping for flowers to plant in my yard each spring *****

Ice cold Apple Juice ( Thanks to my mother-in-law)

Extra beets on my salad at Robintinos

Puppy breath!

All you can eat Crab!!!

Being a mother!! (best choice I ever made)

People that smile at you just for the sake of smiling!

People that can laugh at themselves ( my parents and my siblings )

When I heard mommy's home, or now when I hear Grandma Jenny's here from my boys
and when I hear Ms. Jennifer is here when I go to home visits for school!!!

Sleeping on my tummy ( even though it makes my face all swollen in the morning)

Giant dill pickles at the movie theater

Artichokes

Sleeping out and watching the sun come over the mountains!

Caterpillars and milkweed

All our United States Military Forces especially The Navy!

The movies, The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Notebook and Gone with the Wind!





***Dislikes***

Dogs that poop on my lawn!
Except if it's Brienholts or Zesigers dog, they have pooping rights
Pee Wee not allowed.... You bark at me in my own yard while you poop!

Brussel Sprouts ( the devils veggie)
Hanging up clothes ( would starve before I ever worked at a clothing store)
Emptying the dishwasher (silverware mostly)
Ice that tastes like garlic ( not my fav)
Seeing someones butt crack hanging out of their pants ( don't they feel the gush of air)
When people take playing games to serious!!! (that's why they are called games!!)
Mice (outside you are okay but not inside. That's a no, no)
Not being able to take away someones pain
Snails... they eat my flowers!!!
The " F" word.. not a big fan!!!
People who pick their nose at stop lights...or anytime in public... not cool!
Buying a pickle at the theater and finding out it's not as big as it looked inside the glass jar!
Electronics that I can't figure out!




****Things I've learned to accept****

When my mother uses metal utensils on my Teflon coated pans ( sorry mom)
I know that was like ten years ago but I am still hanging onto it!

Pap smears (especially when they tell you to relax)

Muffin tops ( just mine)

Double chins ( not on others just me)

I can't do as much as I used to but I will die trying!

Boobie checks (mammograms)

Dogs that pass gas!

That I will never be a size 3 again... unless it's on my deathbed!

Dogs and husbands that pass gas!!! Then pretend they didn't mean to!

That before we came to earth I must have passed up the leg line and hit the boob line twice!!!!
Boobs can be bought but I have yet to find leg exstensions!!!!




***Things I hate, hate, hate****

CROWS... It's the devils bird... I hate them!!!

Kid's that bully other kids!!! Big time no, no in the book of Jennifer!

Finding dried cereal in glasses around the house !! (who drinks cereal from a cup)
would that be my husband?

Mean people!!! ( there is no reason for it)

Stinky public bathrooms ( they make me gag and I can't breath)

Menstural cramps and everything that goes with it!

Liars!!!! I might be mad for an hour or two but we all make mistakes, that's part of life,
but the worst thing you could do is lie, then you lose my respect!!!

Forcing myself to wake up!

Listening to people throw up! ( I might as well join them)

People that feel they're entitled to what others work hard for!!!

Self righteous people!! (another big no, no in the book of jennifer)

Guys that play with their feet! Feet period... I hate feet!

People that think they are better then others !!! Not cool!!!

Praying mantis ( I saw one once eat a grasshoppers head off and it scares me!)

The masturbating Bear on Conan O'Brien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( not really funny)
( I'm not a prude, I just don't like the thought of bears in the woods fondling themselves!)

Kids who eat their boogers and the parents that let them!!!

People who pee pee on the toilet seat and don't wipe it off!!!

People who litter!!!! I hate people who litter on purpose!

Fibromyalgia and dealing with the constant joint pain.. It sucks doo doo!



****My confessions****


I don't remember who it was but someone from High School asked where I lived.

I said "I live in Bountiful"
They said "Wow, that's an expensive place to live. So you must live by the new Temple!"

I replied "Well, I can see it from my back yard."

I left it at that...

I confess that I let you " assume" that we lived "right by" the temple.

We dont!!!

I "can" see the Temple from my backyard but only in the winter
when there are no leaves on the trees and you have to squint kinda hard.

I do like to look out at night right before eleven and watch the Temple lights go out. I love this and I love where I live!

But the fact still remains that I actually live way, way below in the valley closer to the
Great Salt Lake

Maybe a little too close especially during the floods of 1983.

I guess I could have told you that we have a house with beac front property

But then I would have to confess again!!!!!






Things I somehow missed the boat on when I was younger!


February is spelled like that and not F E B U A R Y!
I learned that the hard way when I was 18 working at a bank sending out delinquent letters to people that didn't make their Feb-uary payments.
The boss wasn't so happy with me!



Just a year ago I figured out that the word "alot" is not one word but two... a lot.
Why did I not know this all this time? I use that word alot!!!!
ha ha!

Others I thought of:

All Hispanic and Latino people are not called "Mexicans"
Mexicans are only from Mexico... hence the name!
Duh Jennifer Duh, duh,duh!!!!

4 comments:

  1. After reading your post I realized I know you pretty darn well. I could have named a lot of those things off for you, however, the fact that you are a GREAT speller makes it even more bizare that you never knew a lot was 2 separate words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know AM, I guess there is just alot of things that you have to learn in life and a lot was not one I grasped onto. But I sure am good at my to, too and two's!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love, love.... the ocean (I call it t'ocean... that's the way my british relatives pronounce it) and extra beets at Robintinos!!! I just had that last night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, we were at Robintinos last night too! Ya know the girl night out/ conference tradition. I didn't see you! No wonder they told me they were all out of beets because this lady before me got them all! It was you, the other beet lady!!!! J/K I got my beets!

    ReplyDelete