About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Max! #1

Max Wade George


Tonight was Max's 1st Birthday Party!
I can't believe that he is already a year old. The little guy acts like he is going on three like the other boys.

The party was at Grandma and Grandpa Langfords. Allsion had decorated the house with streamers and balloons and it looked very cute. I get the feeling that Max didn't get the " hey this party is for you" thing. He was just happy to be there I guess. Max is the most mild mannered child I have ever met. He just goes with the flow and keeps a smile on his face the whole time. He is one of the happiest kids I have ever known. As you can tell, he had a lot of cousins helping him to dig into the cake. Everyone thought that he would totally dive into the cake because of the little muncher that he is. But he didn't. He slowly dug a hole in the middle while Jordan licked the side of the cake. That was so cute it made me laugh when she did that. Jace, Jack and Jordan all picking at it and Max didn't even care!



His mommy made him a darling video showing his birth to one year pictures. What a beautiful child he is. The song she put on it was from Taylor Swift and it was all really awesome to see.
I remember the day Max was born. My son Adam called me and said if you would like to come up then hurry really fast. I don't remember even driving up to the hospital but I do remember getting up there in record time.

It has been an incredible experience to see two of my three grandsons born. I am a very lucky woman that my daughter in law and son have let me be a part of the birth. I try to stay to the side and be as quiet as I can but I do know that I make a few squeals in the process ( I can't help it). I know how blessed I am to experience this and I wouldn't do it the justice to try to explain what it feels like to see a grandchild be born. I never really got to experience what it was like to see my children be born because of C-sections and even though I loved the birth of my babies I have always wondered what it would be like to see a baby takes it's first breath of life. Briana and Adam have given me that opportunity and I will always cherish those memories. Not just any woman would allow others to witness this. I am the type that couldn't have had others besides my husband in the room while I delivered but I sure am glad that didn't feel the same way.

All three of the grandsons births have been so incredible, each with their own story, all different, but all unique.

Tonight was Max's night to celebrate his birth. What a great child to have a celebration for.He has the smile that could light up a room and something about his eyes intrigue me. I can't put my finger on it but something looks very familiar about his eyes. I love this little guy and he makes us all so happy. He is a very special boy and is loved by so many.

Mommy, Jack, Max and Daddy!






Jack checking out his little brothers gifts and liking what he saw!


When it came time to open presents, Max crawled off and the cousins and big brother Jack were ok with that. They got to open all the gifts (and as stated many times before) Mr. Chill just CHILLED off to the side playing with a toy that had been around for years. He is one of those box kids. You just give him a box to play with and he would be as happy as a lark.

I love you so much little Maxster!! Thank you for inviting us to your Birthday Party and your icecream cake was so yummy too! Onto year # 2


P.S. Highlight of the night was when I bent way down to get a picture and I fell to the floor. Contrary to what some might claim.... Weebles do wobble and they do fall down! Bri darling, you missed it but Amber witnessed it and I got a great picture of your moms ceiling while going down!













































































No comments:

Post a Comment