About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My OOPS MOMENT!!!!

Tonight I went with my daughter Amber for a super quick trip to Hobby Lobby. When she dropped me off at my car I asked her where the nearest America First Credit Union was. She said just down the street in Bowman's grocery store.
It was ten minutes before the Credit Union closed so I rushed down there. As I arrived I noticed that this one had a drive up window also. I was thrilled because I didn't feel like going in after working all day. I drove up to the window and put my money in the container they send out to you. I didn't have a deposit slip but the tellers at the C.U. are always helpful anyway. She was helping the car next to me so it took a few minutes.

Then the lady at the window said...

" What would you like me to do with all this money you just sent in to me?"
I replied...

"I would like it in my checking please." Then I rattled off my account number to her.

She started busting up laughing. The two girls in the other car started busting up laughing also! I thought that it was because my car was so noisy due to the lack of a muffler or that my window squeaked really loud when I rolled it down. I turned my car off.
Oh no, it wasn't because of that! The lady at the window said " Mam, this is a Pharmacy NOT A BANK."

I wanted to crawl in a hole!

Any hole I could find!

I tried desperatly to sit back in my seat as far as I could so the other girls could no longer see me.

How could I have missed the word "PHARMACY" written on the front of the drive through.


She sent my money back out through the tube and said in a sweet voice. " Don't worry, it's not the first time".

I knew she was a LIAR and just trying to make me feel better. You don't need to lie, it's ok, I know I am the only one that has ever done this! There is only one "ME" in this town sista!

I made up some LAME joke about me needing to take drugs and I hit the gas!!!! Loud muffler and all! (OR LACK OF ONE ACTUALLY)

So the moral of the story is.... If you need a good drive up Pharmacy in Kaysville, Utah , then you should go to Bowman's. Tell them I sent you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the story Jen! I have had my fair share of embarassing stories at a bank. I actually ran over the little tube because I parked to far away from it and accidently hit the gas while I streched for it. The girl inside also said it was not the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is funny!!!!! I think that might even be more embarrassing because you would have to get out of the car to pick up the pieces and everyone would stare at you... Very funny Alison, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete