About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Costco, toilet paper and labels!


Sometimes I hate going to Costco! Actually, I love going to Costco I just hate coming out of Costco! My daughter asked me to go with her today so she could use my Costco card. Probably not the best financial decision my spouse and I make through the year. Last year he signed us up for the "'The high class Costco member card". Big mistake for us! The deal was something like $100.00 for the card and you get a percentage back from what you spend there all year. I'm not really sure what the price was because he suddenly forgot when I asked him how much it cost to be "A gold member!" We didn't use our card much that year , as a matter of fact ,we never do any year but lets face it, you don't want to be known as the only one that is not a Costco member at our age. When I went to renew my card this year the guy at the desk talked me OUT of buying the expensive membership!! What? They never do that. His comment was " Mam, the card cost your husband like $100.00 but you only got rebated $1.36 from your purchases last year. I wouldn't recomend that you chose that plan again." Well duh! So in my head I figured out that it cost me $ 98.64 to carry a Costco card in my wallet!
Today, I went shopping and felt pretty good about myself. Jace and I circled around the store and tried every sample known to man. I lined up his samples in the cart so he would know what to eat next. There were like 15 demo people handing out stuff and it was great! I remember about ten years ago not sampling when I really wanted to, because I would feel guilty if I didn't purchase the product. These day's I use the grandson for bait!!! " Oh look Jace there's a cookie, would you like one? I think grandma will have one also." Then I would remind him to thank the nice lady as I scouted out the next demo!
Today I needed toilet paper and in order to purchase that you have to buy the package so large that you need a fork lift to help you carry it out. They confuse you with the packaging and prices also. Something like, 3Ply instead of 2Ply Now quadruple rolls which are now 180 rolls instead of 598 single rolls with 267 sheets per roll for a million dollars it seems. I am so confused I just grabbed it. Amber reminded me that we always run out of toilet paper. She might be right! I have asked other people if that happens to them and they tell me "they have never ran out of toilet paper". That's when I pretend we never run out either.
We have always been lucky enough to have a back up plan. The conversation would go something like this at our house...

"Will someone grab me some toilet paper?"
Everyone looks at everyone else to see who is going to go get it from the bathroom downstairs...
Person in the bathroom screams out "Please"
The person retrieving it comes back up stairs and talks into the crack of the bathroom door. "we don't have any but here are some napkins".
When we are out of toilet paper at out house we know to grab the napkins, when the napkins are gone you resort to the paper towels. When the paper towels are gone you are S.O.L. I don't think we have reached that point yet.

One time I was at my brother Ken's house in his upstairs bathroom. I reached over to get the toilet paper and there wasn't any. I then knew that there was probably some in the cupboard next to the toilet so I carefully reached over to open the cupboard to retrieve the paper without letting my bottom leave the seat. There wasn't any TP!!!! The family was down in the family room that was two floors down so I wasn't able to yell "Can you bring me some toilet paper"like I have done so many times before. Besides that would be humiliating and why wouldn't I have checked that before I sat down? So, being the problem solver that I am..... I looked around the room and saw that there was a white container with diaper wipes on the back of the toilet. My problem had been solved! If we use them on babies bums then why not ours right! I opened the lid and pulled, pulled, pulled until I had three wipes and then I finished the job. I went to wash my hands and within seconds I thought I felt a fire burning down south! This was something I had not experienced before! Something just did not feel right! I glanced over at the diaper wipes on the back of the toilet and now that I was standing up, I could clearly read the label MR. CLEAN WIPES!!!!!! OUCH The bald man with the gold earing and I had just met! From that day on, I always check for toilet paper when I need to potty and I have also noticed that the Mr. Clean Wipes are now labeled on all sides of the container. I'm thinking that someone else had the same problem!!!!

2 comments: