About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tonight I got my nails done! Yay, Yeah, Yea? How the crud do you spell that word that means that you are excited about something? I think I have been spelling it wrong for too long. My daughter in law Bri text me tonight and said " The lady at .....ing Nails say's hello". She was up getting her nails done for her vacation this weekend. A cruise to Mexico with her hubby Adam and with Cam and Jess. I told her that I have wanted to get mine done but haven't had time. When she said "come up" I was very tempted but then I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 6:40 and they close at 7. The owner agreed to do it if I came right then. I started to think of the consequences that might come for going in at closing time. I have gotten my nails done there for years since my friend Jill Wistisen skipped town to move South with her family to Happyville. Never to be seen again! You should be ashamed of yourself Jill leaving me to myself and these nailbeds! No one could replace her but sometimes we must move onward.
This new nail lady has amazing memory of who is related to who and every detail about your family. I really like her but must admit she hurts me sometimes! I have found myself taking a pain pill not for my Fibromyalgia but instead to go get my nails done. That little drill they use can be a killer! I swear my nailbeds catch on fire sometimes. I try to be brave but she notices and tells me to "rewax" and pushes my hand down. I have since realized "rewax" means relax. One time she got upset because after painting two nails I asked... "Excuse me but is there any way I could change colors? This looked really red in the bottle but looks orange on my nails". I thought she was going to kill me! This is what she said" What? You not like my color? ( except without the "L") She said it kind of loud too! People were looking up from their relaxing pedicures to see who she was talking loudly to. I came to the conclusion that day that if you don't like the color the Vietnamese lady is painting your nails, don't tell her! That was about three years ago and she has been extremely nice ever since.I was hoping tonight would be one of her gentle, happy nights. While waiting my turn she saw me gnawing at my nails and told me several times to stop biting my nails! I finally told her urgently that I wasn't but that I was trying to pull off my LEE PRESS ON nails that I bought at the store on Saturday. They were on clearance so I thought I would save a buck and give it a try. May I just say that super glue crap really works! She gave me the strangest look and then went about her work. I could tell she had no idea what I had just mumbled with my hands in my mouth trying to pry these pieces of plastic off my already sore nailbeds! There seems to be a communication gap between the two of us but we are both willing to play the game of nod and smile and pretend to know what each others saying. Briana was with me one time when I asked the same lady if we could get our nails done and she said "yea" followed by something that sounded like this...iuygbc uwghcb uedwb. Bri turned to me and said "what did she say?" Without turning my brain on first I said in my Vietnamese accent... "ya you chew coroar. Bri looked at me and suddenly my brain turned back on enough to tell my mouth that I had just spoke like I was making fun of her. I was only trying to say, that she said, that we could chose our color but it came out all wrong, so wrong! I believe my comment was something like "oh my H i can't believe I just did that!" Luckily, I don't believe the nail lady noticed. She might have been buzy burning nailbeds! Bri seems to have been there more then once when I have done that! It's that head turn and certain look that she gives me that alerts me that I have said something really stupid! I tend to pick up accents and actions when I talk to people. My southern accent, my Spanish accent, my English (as in England) accent and now Vietnamese. I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, it's just how I roll.

My son had the kindest woman ever known to missionaries visit here from England. I was trying to tell her and her daughter what the options were for resturants around the area. As we stood in the parking lot, I had arms pointing each and every way with hands busy describing the food they had to offer (ex. cupping my hands to form a taco, placing my hand one over the other to describe buffet) meanwhile talking very SLOOOOW. I thought I was being helpful and a good host to someone new to our country. My son ( being the funny boy he is) leaned over to me and said "She's not deaf mom, She's English". I hope she has forgiven me!

Hmmm..... What have I learned from this? I have learned that I really like my nail lady at ......ing nails and although I could change to someone else that speaks English, I think that she does a really awesome job and it's so cool that she remembers my family! I learned that I love all accents ( I think they are cute, but I better take Bri everywhere I go so she can give me the " look and laugh" when I get even close to saying things in the wrong voice! I also learned that you should never use Super glue on anything that you don't want to stick on for a long time.
I had a really fun time and she was very gentle tonight. Thanks Bri for the invite, it was way more fun then watching "The Bachelor"

P.S. Nobody spoil it for me. I will watch it tomorrow after work!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! you know i will go anywhere with you.. i didn't see anything about the comment you made to grandma kay when walking out of the chinese restuarant?! ha ha ha. I love the stories they are so great and so priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss you Jen...I did not leave never to be seen again! I come see you every chance I get! You need to post a picture of your pretty nails...I want to see!

    ReplyDelete