About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How can Alaska be so cold if it's right next to Hawaii?

Dear Mr. Map Maker,

This is one of those Hmmm questions that I have floating around in my head. Searching out the ? of what is the reason behind this?
I realize that I don't always keep up on all the world events but something tells me that I would have heard about it if ...(because of global warming or shifting of the earth) Alaska lost it's grip on Canada and floated all the way down South to the end of California. While making great use of my time during a training I was attending, I popped open a coloring book and began to color a map when to my surprise, I noticed that Alaska was no longer where I believed it to be. Could my eyes have deceived me, was it always down by Hawaii? Has Hawaii always been where I thought Mexico was? Oh, I'm so darn confused! I finally came to the conclusion that the MAP MAN, either doesn't know how to make good use of a full piece of paper or he has never taken Geography. Was I exposed to such nonsense as a child? Did I pass it on to my children? It makes me wonder how many times this major oversite kept me from being on the high honor roll just because of one question in Geography. J/K we all know you have to show up to school to be on any kind of roll period! Where is Alaska? I'm truly sorry Mr. Langeveldt,(my Jr. High Geography teacher) for some stupid reason, I thought that it was up North above Canada. I cringe to think what might have happened if Christopher Columbus had set sail and lost his way, never to return because his map said there should be a huge piece of land straight ahead called Alaska. The thought of young teens "catching a wave" from Hawaii to "hang" on the Alaskan beach to do some "rad surfing" but were never able to find it. I can hear them now... "dude, I swear it should be right here, I saw it on a map at school while I was in 3 to 6. What would become of these people I ask you?

Joking aside, I saw a map "like" this one the other day while at work. It made me laugh when a few people were trying to decide where Alaska really was located. they knew it wasn't there but weren't sure where. At what point, as a child did I really know that Alaska wasn't where it shows here?

Sarah Palin would be so disappointed in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment