About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A lot of hilariously funny, freakish things happen in my life, i'm not really sure why it happens to me. Sometimes I think, that dumb things only happen to dumb people, but then that would put me in the dumb category and for today , I am steering away from that. Tomorrow I might be back to dumb and feel good about it. You see "dumb" to me is like the same as using the word funny, silly, crazy, it's a term of endearment in my ears. Growing up in a great family with one sister and two brothers and a calm father and an over the top funny mother I experienced many occasions the name calling of " dumb, nerd, twit, dork, spaz. When saying something funny in my family someone would always back it up with a laugh and a side to side shake of the head followed with a compliment like "you're such a dork!" That's when you knew they loved you and it gave you warm fuzzies inside! Therefore, I have passed this on to my children with great pride. No one gets hurt unless you don't laugh while saying it. I sometimes have to remind my now grown up daughter that it is a term of endearment and that I am only joking. She quickly reminds me that "jokes are meant to be funny". I think there might be a possibility that she doesn't find me as funny anymore! What do you want to bet, that she passes it on to her children! I stopped writing a journal years ago and have regretted it many times. The new thing ( I hear on the streets ) is blogging . I might be the the "dumbest" person known to man when it comes to computer stuff but I am going to give it a try. I tried to warn our computer guy at work that he was dealing with a real live dumb, dumb when it came to this kind of stuff and he would always say to me"no you're not, you should see what I have to work with ". Fast forward a year later and I still warn him but now instead of him saying "no you're not" he just smiles.
So what did I learn today? I learned that I was capable of setting up a blog and even though it may not be all cute and fancy I tried and I succeeded!

No comments:

Post a Comment