About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sometimes Birthday's can really stink!

Today is Jace's 3rd birthday and he has been so sick that he has not been able to celebrate at all. The birthday cake is still sitting on the counter, icecream in the freezer and the candles have not been lit. It is sad for his mom. She has made great plans to bring him to California to make it special for his big day. It makes her sad that the only surprises he has received is a case of runny poo and vomit. He wanted shrimp for dinner and kiwi. Those are his favorites. We had a bbq at the condo and the little guy fell asleep right at the table. We tried to reassure Amber that at his age we don't think that he will remember the bad part about getting sick but will only remember the fun parts about his week long birthday. I told her that if he felt better tomorrow then we can pretend that it is his birthday and he probably wouldn't even know the difference. I know this is true from my own experience. Until I was enrolled for kindergarten I was told that my birthday was on December 21st instead of the 20th!!!! What parent do you know of doesn't get their childs birthday on the right day. My silly parents excuse has been...." I went to the hospital on the 19th and had you at 12:21 on the 20th." I am sorry mom and dad but you really could have figured it out. When my mom registered me for school the secretary said "Mam, your daughter was actually born on the 20th of December." It makes me wonder how my parents came home and broke the news to me.Did I have to be reprogrammed, did I suddenly have an identity crisis? Had I memorized my birthdate by that point? How do you tell a five year old something like that has changed? That is like memorizing your name and suddenly your middle name changes! My mom thought that it was funny to call me all three days to wish me a happy Birthday! I was actually very curious to check my birth certificate when I had it replaced and sent from Texas a few years back. I still find that my parents debate when I was born. When you ask them one will say the 19th, one will say the 21st and on occasion they get it right on the 20th. So really, does it matter in the long run what day we celebrate Jace's birthday. What really matters is that he has a great day and that he feels better and that he knows how much everyone loves and adores him! I will eat birthday cake, kiwi and shrimp every day for the next 365 days if he would like! Happy Real Birthday J-Bug!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment