About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Part two...Japanese tourists and why i wish you would wear your seatbelt. #2


I have tried to think of the young mans name all day, but I can't remember it. I did keep the report that I gave the FBI so I need to find it so i say his name correctly. I remember kneeling by his side and asking his name and then also his wifes name. I wanted to keep him talking because I thought that maybe he wouldn't be so nervous. That always seems to help me, when I get a procedure done or I'm scared I always ask my husband to just keep talking to me. It keeps my mind off things so I stay calm. However in our case it usually turns into him saying " what do you want me to talk about" then I say "just anything" and he says " well, I don't have anything to talk about" then I say "oh, forget it!" So clearly you can see it doesn't really work so well with a spouse! Anyways, I can't remember why his mask was not right to his face but they had me hold it just a bit away from his nose and mouth. That's why I could converse with him back and forth. I asked him where he had come from and he said they had been to Zions and I also found out in the broken conversation that it sounded like they had been in las Vegas and were headed to Bryce canyon. I asked him if he thought that it was beautiful and I asked him if it was his family that he was also traveling with on the bus. It seemed to me that he was trying to say that he was only there with his wife and that he had only met the others since leaving Vegas. I asked about children and he said that he didn't have any. I remember at that point wondering if that could possibly not be his wife that had passed away if they didn't have children. I felt pretty sure that this woman had. As we talked I held his hand and I promised him that when he gets better and if we could meet again that I would take him to Bryce canyon myself. I told him it was beautiful and that I had only been there once. While we were talking, I remember that there were about four people helping a girl that was sitting right outside the bus, maybe 15-20 feet from him. She was sitting up and speaking in japanese. I didn't hear any English. I do remember the voice sounding young and high pitched talking very fast. By the way she was sitting up my feeling was that she was going to be okay and walk away without any injuries. They must have pulled her from the bus because she was not there when I ran around the bus the first time. No one was on the ground on that side of the bus other then the girl that was thrown. I don't remember who but someone came up to me and said that she was his wife and she had been worried about him. I felt like everything had just gotten a whole lot better instantly. I was so happy to be able to tell him that his wife was fine and that she was asking for him. Someone must have relieved me at that point because I just remember saying goodbye to him and walking off back along the road. I once again was back where I had started from. The lady in the road was now covered with a sheet. I just took a minute and told her that I was sorry, that I was so sorry that I couldn't have done more. I stood there for a minute and then walked on. I saw that my daughter had moved the car from the right side of the freeway to the left side of the freeway. She ran to me crying hysterically and said that she had been so scared for me. I didn't really know what she meant by "scared" and asked why? She said that she watched from the car while we worked on reviving the first lady and could only imagine what I had to face around the other side of the bus. I remember she had the sweetest face ever and she called me her hero. I am no hero but those words will stick with me forever. Just then my friends came running up the side of the freeway. I never expected to see them there but found out that Amber had been calling them and every relative this side of Texas to tell them how concerned she was with mom and what had just happened. That must have been the longest hour she has ever spent in the car. It was so adorable of her to think that I might need some help. I was more worried about her. I was just fine. My friends and family were clearly moreshook up then I was. Royann and her girls were so far ahead that when they got the frantic call from Amber they turned right around and headed back South. They pointed out to me that I had blood all over my shirt and I just could not stop wiping my mouth. It was very strange how i felt. I felt like I couldn't clear my mouth out and that i just felt like I had gloom all over me. Gloom is the best way I can describe it.

Suddenly this Big Highway patrolman came running up and in his deep loud voice demanded that they moved their Escalade or they would cause a wreck. Royann tried to start explaining that she had driven back to get me because I was in no condition to drive.She was not going to have someone down play the needs her friend had at that time. What a great friend!!! He looked over at me and became the most loving caring man. His tone changed completely and said lets get you cleaned up. He was appologetic the whole way to the ambulance about being rude to my friend and I told him we understood and that he did not have to give an apology for doing his job. He asked me if I was a nurse ( the gloves again I'm thinking) and I said " No, I'm a teacher. He had thanked me over again for being there to help when they couldn't get there. I told him that they are the heros to have to do this day after day. I don't know what keeps them doing this job but I am so grateful. He asked one of the drivers of the ambulance if she had any cleaner I could put on my face and hands. I talked to her for about 20 minutes about the whole situation. She said that she was not on duty and she always listens to her radio and after hearing so many calls for help from every even an hour away she just knew she had to help. She just threw on her uniform and drove a long, long time to be the 14th ambulance there. Volunteer firefighters had come also. I had figured Cedar City had a bunch to send but they don't. They ended up sending every single person on that bus besides the driver to a clinic in Cedar City with one Dr. and three nurses. They were ready and prepared to handle what they could to get them stable enough to fly them to Salt lake. Amazing people I met that night!!!

Amber and I got in the car and I told her that I needed to drive so I could clear my head and not think about what just happened. Royann and the girls were behind us. Ten minutes or so I reached in my pocket to use my phone and I noticed that it was not my phone. I had someone else's phone. I had no idea whose phone it was but needed to get it back to them somehow. I decided the best way would be to call the last number called and just say " hey someone by the road gave me their phone to use. Could you tell them that I have it. The name I was dialing was Richard or something. He answered in japanese!!! I immediatly hung up and turned to Amber and said I am not going to be the one to tell them their Daughter is DEAD! That is beyond anything that I can handle. I didn't know what to do at that point!


What I need to do at this point is go to bed... Night all! hugs ans kisses xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment