About Me...

I am once again thinking out of my comfort zone and it is scary! It is much easier for me to write down my life stories with pen and paper however I gave that up years ago and have regretted not keeping up my journal ever since. Make no mistake ( not that you were going to)I must let you know that, I am not a writer. I was that little girl in elementary, yea the one that everyone looked at because I had so many circles and marks on my paper that you couldn't even tell what I had originally wrote. There was a reason I didn't like Miss White and she didn't like me, but even more I hated her red marker that she used to scribble all those corrections on my paper with. However that's another story yet to tell. But I do have lasting memories of that old battleax telling me that my sentences were way to long, used commas in all the wrong places and used too many exclamation marks!!!! I felt what I had to say was exciting and through the years have continued to use too many !!!!!!'s...and, commas in, all the wrong, places. I'm also not so good about proof reading my work before I submit it. You see it scares me because I have written huge stories before and when I pushed the send button, it goes somewhere never to be found and then I am forced into saying a swear word and I don't have the desire to rewrite it again!!! I guess Miss White was right about the long sentences. They say to place a comma where you would pause while saying a sentence but, since I don't pause much while talking I don't really know where to place the comma. Well anyways, I needed something to do in my spare time so I figured I would give this a try! Good luck everyone especially you Miss White wherever you are!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Excuse me Officer, can you help?































Last year Jace would get terrified every time he
heard a police car go by. No matter how many times his mom and everyone else reassured him
that it was okay nothing seemed to work. The next time he would hear a siren, even from a far distance, he would panic and cry.

We wondered if it was because everything that he had seen with officers involved ,was traumatic. He listens and picks up on our emotions when we talk like about Kylee's car wreck, the bus accident and even our reactions when an officer pulls us over. We have had to be very careful what we say



I suggested to Amber that it might help if we took him down to the police station and asked the officers to talk to him so he would see that they were nice.

We took him down to the West Bountiful Police Department. Two of the officers showed him around the station and let him see inside the police car. They even turned the lights on for him!!!! Jace liked that!

The officers told Jace that they were daddies and had little kids just like him. The officers gave Jace pencils and stickers and showed Jace their little pretend police cars on their desk.
Jace seemed very comfortable with them.

From that day on Jace was no longer afraid when he heard sirens go by. He would say that they were his friends!!

Thanks West Bountiful Police Officers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. now we just need to find a way so he won't be so terrified of Herc and Dozer... ummmmmm

    ReplyDelete